Perform a variety of duties in concurrent material movement such as: operating the palletizer, physically moving pallets and product around warehouse space; provide product to our customer in a timely manner; properly maintaining all documentation; and, assist with our Quality Department as needed. Reports to Customer Logistics Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and complete the Packaging Tech Daily Task List.
• Use hand trucks, forklifts, hoists and other material handling equipment to receive, store and transport material and deliver product.
• Use the of material handling power equipment to bring full finished good trays and pallets out of the palletizer to the finished goods warehouse and organize empty finished goods trays and pallets to enable the palletizer.
• Monitors power equipment and conducts daily inspections. Follow maintenance and inspection check list looking for any apparent need for equipment repair before operation.
• Operate and monitor the palletizer and give direct feedback to the Vision Inspection Lead and Maintenance Department in the case of technical problems.
• Place properly stored finished goods product in the proper FIFO storage location and transport finished goods to FIFO location.
• Use of RFID System to create, record and ship product.
• Stage and ship product to our customer following FIFO standards. Maintain all paperwork in regards to shipments.
• Maintain accurate inventory of finished goods and supplies and materials needed to run efficiently.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards. Collect samples from finished goods and distribute to our Quality department.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in your assigned area as needed and directed by the Customer Logistics Manager. Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Follow company policies, procedures and comply with standard safety rules and regulations.
• Perform as a team-player and proactively supporting the continuous improvement process by attending in workshops, developing and adjusting standard work instructions, and taking part in problem solving meetings and helping to find root causes.
• Support in developing and improving their own work environment to reach the target of 80% OEE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk or hear, is occasionally required to sit or crawl and to lift up to 40lbs. Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus is required. Secures finished goods on pallets with Shrink Wrap and labels for shipping. Employee will be in a manufacturing environment with a moderate to high noise level, experiencing vibration on a regular basis. Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts. Must have the ability to lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs; regularly lift and/or move objects with the use of a pallet jack that weigh more than 1000 lbs. Power Equipment: Operate fork sit-down lift truck to move material and palletize goods; operate a reach-truck-lift which requires bending and twisting at the waist; operate manual pallet jack to move finished goods materials through-out warehouse and between Sites, which requires bending and twisting at the waist.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform similar and related duties as assigned or as position dictates.
***This job is located out at USA Parkway***